St Andrew Presbyterian Church is committed to sharing Christ’s love and compassion in our community and throughout the world. In fact, over 10% of the annual church budget is dedicated towards communicating the Good News of the Gospel, sponsoring educational and mission experiences, and providing resources to address basic human needs. The distribution of our mission funds and the deployment of all resources are framed by our guiding principles.
- Communicate the Good News of the Gospel message and make disciples who will be equipped to spread the Gospel message in their sphere of influence.
- Provide resources to address basic human needs. (food/shelter/health/education).
- Allocate at least 10% of the total annual church budget to mission activities.
- Focus the resources of SAPC in the areas of the world where we believe we can achieve the greatest benefit for the Kingdom.
- Allocate the budget to 50% local & regional initiatives, 25% national and 25% international.
- Increase the community’s awareness of our church, its Mission and its activities.
- Expand and strengthen evangelistic missions.
- Actively communicate the mission activities to the SAPC church family and encourage participation of all age groups.
- Encourage the congregation to strengthen their ability to evangelize the Good News by subsidizing participation in appropriate classes and programs (up to 50%)
- Support SAPC members and small groups to pursue their passion for mission by encouraging a wide range of activities.
Through hands-on mission projects and our support of numerous other Christian agencies, the people of St. Andrew put their faith into action. Organizations and programs benefiting from our contributions during 2012 included;
- Presbyterian Frontier Fellowship
- New London Homeless Hospitality Center
- York Chaplaincy
- Bread for the World
- New London Community Meal Center
- Medical Benevolence Fund
- L&M Chaplaincy
- Intervarsity Christian Fellowship
- Habitat for Humanity
- Presbyterian Disaster Assistance
- Riverfront Children’s Center
- Youth Mission Trip
- Iron Sharpens Iron
- Presbytery of Southern New England
If you would like to learn more about what St. Andrew Presbyterian Church is doing to advance the cause of Christ here and throughout the world, please contact Bill Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 858-449-6559.