Welcome to Saint Andrew Presbyterian Church
We invite you to take some time for quiet meditation as we gather for worship. Afterward, please join us in Fellowship Hall for a cup of coffee or tea and some good conversation.
Welcome Guests! If you have any questions, one of our ushers will be glad to assist you.
- Hearing impaired? See one of our ushers to obtain the use of a hearing assistance device on the table in the narthex.
- We invite you to fill out a yellow visitor card with your contact information and place it in the offering plate.
- Please be sure all cell phones and other electronic devices are turned off during worship.
Welcome Children! We love children and want them to feel at home.
To the Parents of our young children, may we suggest….
- RELAX!! God put the wiggle in children; don’t feel you have to suppress it in God’s house. All are welcome.
- Sit toward the front where it is easier for your little ones to see and hear what’s going on in the sanctuary. They tire of seeing the backs of other’s heads.
- Quietly explain the parts of the worship services and actions of the pastor, choir, etc.
- Sing the hymns, pray and voice the responses. Children learn liturgical behavior by copying you.
- If you must leave the sanctuary with your child, feel free to do so, but please come back. As Jesus said, “Let the children come to me.”
- For those with small children who may need more room, we have a nursery and the foyer area has speakers and comfy chairs.
- There are activity sheets and bags of crayons available in the narthex.
Remember that the way we welcome children in church directly affects the way they respond to church, to God and to one another. Let them know that they are at home in this house of worship.
Bless Our Native Land
God, almighty Father, bless our native land.
Help us keep our nation strong beneath
Thy guiding hand.
Give us strength in conflict, help to keep us free.
Give us strength to strive for peace, to live in unity.
We shall dream of freedom, we shall dream of peace.
We shall dream of one great day
when all the wars shall cease.
Each and every nation, all throughout the world,
Standing side by side as friends with every flag unfurled.
Through our time of turmoil, through our time of strife,
Help us turn to You, O God, to build a better life.
And across our nation while as one we stand,
This we ask of You, O God, to bless our native land.
Please welcome Ellen Bowlin as our guest organist this Sunday.
Did you know that we have a seed library located in our lounge? Please stop by today and check out our Health & Wellness Team’s selection. You can take seeds home with you and also donate any leftover seeds you may have.
Soup Kitchen Volunteers Needed
Our SAPC team of volunteers are in need of a few more helpful hands on Friday, May 31st at the New London Community Meal Center, serving our homeless population from 4:30 p.m. – 6:15 p.m. All you need is a ball cap, closed-toe shoes, be at least 13 years old and a have a servant heart. If you would like more information or would like to serve on these dates (or future dates), please contact Beth Borden at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet the Need Ministries
We continue to work on our current project; the electrical has been installed, a set of rear steps have been completed, two exterior handicap doors have been bought and we hope to complete this project in the very near future.
If you feel you want to be a part of giving back to those in need right here in our community, please contact Meet the Need Ministries CT at: email@example.com. Or come to our monthly meetings that are held on the fourth Tuesday of every month at 7:00 p.m. here at St. Andrew. Our next meeting is May 23rd. Hope to see you there.
Yes, grass cutting season is here again. To celebrate the season, a Grass Cutting Volunteer sheet is posted in the narthex (for now). It has been modified to better reflect the rate that grass grows during the summer. For May and June, the grass needs to be cut weekly but then changes to every other week. So, now is your chance, sign up early and sign up often. Mower and gas provided!
Contact Joe Jackson for more info at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Did You Get Your Envelope(s) Yet?
It’s not too late to donate to our upcoming Youth Mission Trip (June 29 – July 6). The Money Wall still has some envelopes left just for you! Select the envelope that fits your donation level, place your check (made out to SAPC, earmarked Youth Mission Trip) and leave it in the church office or drop in the collection plate. Thank you SAPC for your continued generous support of this ministry to a community in need. Contact Terry O’Hanlon for more information.
Prayers & Praises at SAPC
- Prayers for Joe & Marge Jackson.
- Kip Robbins who had three open heart surgeries in one week.
- Prayers for the friends and family of Lucille Kerr.
Deacon for the Month: Linda Evers 860.941.4090
Greeters & Ushers: Jeff Culp,
Ray & Ashley Parker
Coffee Servers: Jeff & Arline Culp
Elder-on-Duty: Jeff Snider
|Church Calendar May 26 – June 2|
|Ladies Lunch – Lounge
Meet the Need Ministries
|Lectionary Group @ Panera, Groton
Disciple Bible Study
Alanon & Alateen
|Thur||9:30 a.m.||Disciple Bible Study|
|Fri||4:30 p.m.||Soup Kitchen in New London|
|Next Sun||10:00 a.m.
Senior Choir Rehearsal