Welcome to St. Andrew Presbyterian Church!
We hope you enjoy the worship service! Afterward, please join us in the Fellowship Hall for a cup of coffee or tea and some good conversation.
- Childcare is available during the worship service.
- We would love to have a record of your attendance! Please fill out the yellow visitor card located in the pew rack and place it in the offering plate or hand it to one of the ushers after the service.
- If you have any prayer requests, please fill out the blue card located in the pew rack and place it in the offering plate.
- To find out “What’s Going On at St. Andrew” pick up the page from the Narthex table! It has all the details about the ongoing activities and opportunities at St. Andrew.
- Large print bulletins and hymnals, as well as hearing devices are available. Please see one of the ushers.
- If you would like your picture on the Church Family Tree in Fellowship Hall, there will be someone taking pictures in the Narthex most Sundays after worship, contact Debby Green.
- Youth Group (grades 6-12) at 5:30 p.m.
Welcome Children! We love children and want them to feel at home. There are books, crayons, and children’s bulletins available at the entrance to the sanctuary. Nursery care is available for children through age 4. Halfway through the worship service Mini-Church will be available for children in K-2nd grade (listed in your bulletin).
Summer Lawn Care Volunteers Still Needed
Thank you to all who have already served!
The grass is officially growing – fast! We continue to need volunteers to help mow this summer to keep SAPC in tip-top shape. If you would like to help, the sign-up sheet is located outside of Fellowship Hall. Mowers, gas and weed-eater provided! For more info, contact our lawn care coordinator, Joe Jackson at: email@example.com
And anytime you would like to come and weed a flower bed, please feel free to stop by anytime during the week!
Back-to-School Backpack Drive
The Deacons will be conducting their Annual Backpack Drive July 30th – August 13th
The kids are barely out of school and already we are planning for their return! Please help us make that transition a little easier for some of our local community families.
The Deacons will be purchasing 30 backpacks and we are asking the congregation to help stock them. When you see the stores filling up their aisles with school supplies, please consider picking up a few items to help fill a backpack! We need:
pencils, erasers, pens, highlighters, spiral notebooks, notebook paper, markers, crayons, glue sticks, blunt-tipped scissors, small tissue packs, and colored pencils.
We will be collecting supplies July 30th through August 13th. You can leave your sorted donations on the table in Fellowship Hall. We will be delivering the backpacks on Monday, August 14th, just in time for school to start. THANK YOU!
Welcoming the Santalucia Family
The day has come! Please help us welcome Pastor Jason by joining us today during the Fellowship Hour for coffee & more!
There are a few things that will help make the Santalucia Family’s transition a bit smoother – please make sure to check these items off your list:
- Nametags! Wear them! Need one? Alert the office! Wearing your name tag regularly will help our new pastor and his family get to know names and faces a lot easier and faster.
- Pictures! Have you (and your children) had your photo taken for the SAPC Family Tree? Please find Debby Green today and do that. She will be in the Narthex after Worship most Sundays.
- Directory Update! If your info has changed, or you would like to be included in our church directory, please fill out the yellow form that is located on the table in the Narthex and leave it on Ashley’s desk in the office.
- Are you in the loop? If you are not on the Anchor mailing list and all-church email updates, you might be missing important announcements! Fill out the yellow visitor card in the pew and drop it into the offering plate today.
- You do not need to be a member of SAPC for any of these perks! We would love to include our regular and summer attendees as well! Email the office today: firstname.lastname@example.org
An Ordination & Installation subcommittee falling under the Fellowship Committee is being formed in preparation for Pastor Jason. This committee will be preparing for a fall Ordination & Installation service. If you are interested in being on this committee, please contact Dale Green at: email@example.com or Ashley in the church office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Save these Dates
- September 10th: Kickoff Sunday & Pastor Jason’s Installation & Ordination Service
- September 24th: Annual Church Picnic @ Admiral Fife Park, Stonington
- October 28th: Annual Church Tagless Tag Sale
Never Spend Another Nickel
Nicholas is the child we support through Compassion International. Nicholas lives in Ghana and has been corresponding with SAPC through our Service Project Youth. You can support Nicholas by not spending those nickels and donating them to the nickel jar located on the table in the Narthex. It really adds up!
So remember, don’t ever spend another nickel!